Pizza Pops “Caption This Photo” Xbox Sweepstakes Rules & Regulations
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes period runs from 6:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on November 20, 2020 until 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on December 3, 2020. (the “Sweepstakes Period”), after which time the Sweepstakes will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted. The servers of Instagram Inc. are the official time-keeping devices for the Sweepstakes.
- Sponsor: General Mills Canada Corporation, 5825 Explorer Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L4W5P6
- Eligibility: The Pizza Pops “Caption This Photo” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least thirteen (13) years old at the time of entry. Employees and agents of Sponsor and Microsoft Canada, Inc., and/or any agencies affiliated with the Sweepstakes, including prize providers, media partners, advertising, promotional and event management agencies and the immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling, child) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of any of the above are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void outside of Canada, in Quebec and where prohibited. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. All personal and other information requested by and provided to Sponsor for the purposes of the Sweepstakes must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant provide untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- To Enter the Sweepstakes: There is no purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with the individuals selected as potential winners of the Sweepstakes prizes. To enter the Sweepstakes, entrants must complete the following steps:a.
a.Participation Requirements: To participate, you will need to have an Instagram account. Creating an Instagram account is free but is subject to the applicable terms and conditions (http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/#). Posting on Instagram requires a mobile device and therefore message and data rates may apply. If entering via a mobile device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply.
b. How to Receive an Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, take the following actions on Instagram:
(1) Like the official contest photo posted by @pizzapops Instagram account
(2) Follow @pizzapops official Instagram account and @XboxCanada official Instagram account
(3) Leave a comment on the official contest post with your most creative caption option.
(4) Your account setting must remain public and you must keep the same Instagram handle during the Sweepstakes Period and until the prizes are awarded (as described in Section 6, below); and
(5) Your comment must also comply with the Sweepstakes Restrictions stated below. Failure to comply with any of the above requirements will result in disqualification of you and your entry.
Content Restrictions for your social posts: Your comment (deemed “The Entry”) must be your original work. If you include the names or likenesses of other individuals, you must have their permission to be included and to grant the rights set forth in Section 5. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Your Entry may not be indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, libelous, contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, disparage Sponsor, or any other person or party, or contain material that is unlawful in any way. Your Entry must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor.
If your Instagram comment (Entry) meets all of the above requirements, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Instagram comment that it finds unlawful, or in violation of these Official Rules, all in its sole discretion.
Entry Limits: Limit of one (1) Entry total from comments per person during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Instagram account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Instagram accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses used to create the Instagram account. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 8, below) are not responsible for lost, late, unreceived, damaged, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions or failure to receive Submissions due to limitation of third-party social network platforms all of which will be void.
- Prize: There are three (3) prizes (each a “Prize”) to be won. Each Prize consists of one (1) Xbox Series X Console (“Xbox Series X”) valued at approximately Five Hundred Ninety-Nine Dollars ($599.00) CAD. The total approximate retail value of all prizes is $1,797 CAD. Once winners (each a “Winner”) have been notified, each Winner must respond to Sponsor’s selection offer within 72 hours. For each Prize, one entry will be drawn from all valid entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be held on or about November 26, 2020. The Winners will be notified on or about November 27, 2020. The odds of being selected in the Sweepstakes draw depend on the total number of entries received.
- Winner Selection: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding.
Each valid entry received between 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on November 18, 2020 until 11:59 P.m. Eastern Standard Time on November 25, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”) will be added to a randomized draw. On or about November __, 2020, Sponsor (or Sponsor’s agent) will select three (3) random entries. Entrants selected will potentially win one of the three prizes.
Each potential winner will be notified by @PizzaPops through Instagram. By entering, you grant permission to be contacted by Sponsor by direct message through Instagram, email, or mail, in connection with the Sweepstkaes..The selected entrant must (i) provide his/her full name to Sponsor along with any proof of eligibility as Sponsor may require; (ii) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill testing question; and (iii) complete, execute and return a Release (described below in Section 8) to be declared a Winner, and successfully claim the Prize or the Prize will be deemed forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate Winner. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner forfeits the prize or is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random draw of the remaining eligible entries.
Sponor is not responsible for the failure of a selected entrant to receive notification nor is Sponsor responsible for the failure to receive a selected entrant’s response. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted and/or the Prize is forfeited, Sponsor will continue to select the Winners based on a randomized draw of all eligible entries, until another Winner is declared. If Sponsor offers the Prize to an alternate Winner, the selection and notification of the alternate Winner will be made pursuant to the terms hereof, provided that the selection for any alternate Winner will be made at a time later than the original selection with notification to the Winner to follow thereafter. Provided that the Winner has executed and delivered the Prize-specific Release described in Section 8 below, and that the Winner meets the eligibility requirements of this Sweepstakes, the Prize will be distributed as soon as possible after Winner has been successfully contacted and has fulfilled the requirements set out herein. The Prize may not be exchanged for cash, is non-transferable, non-refundable, nonsaleable, and must be accepted as awarded, without substitutions. No Winner is entitled to the dollar value of any Prize in lieu of the Prize itself. The Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsor or Microsoft Canada, Inc. In the event the Prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded as described in these Sweepstakes Rules, Sponsor has the right to substitute a prize of equivalent or greater retail value. All federal, provincial and municipal taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of the Prize that are not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately eight to ten (8-10) weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
- Sponsor’s Use of Content in Social Posts: Posting constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display the content of the Sweepstakes social posts and Sweepstakes entries in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant (or entrant’s parent or legal guardian if entrant is a minor) will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the content in the Sweepstakes social posts.
- Release: By receipt of any prize, Winners (or Winner’s parent or legal guardian if entrant is a minor) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Microsoft Canada, Inc., Instagram, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is free to use entrant’s entry, without additional permission or compensation to entrant or anyone else.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, prize information, likeness, Photo, voice, opinions and/or hometown and province for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such an event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random winner selection from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, not received, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random winner selection among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant (or entrant’s parent or legal guardian if entrant is a minor) agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, ; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario.
- Winner List: For a winner list, visit https://www.instagram.com/PizzaPops/. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Inc. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not Instagram, Inc.
Microsoft Canada, Inc. and its parent, affiliates, and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration, or execution of this Sweepstakes.